“…a mantle of light like a summer day…with an almost sensual taste for color, sumptuous and brilliant”
Romanino - Virgin with San Sebastian. Salò - Cathedral Detail of gold mantle

Grape variety: Chardonnay

Estate vineyard area: 15 hectares

Soil type: morainic soils with presence of skeleton

Training system: guyot

Planting density: 4500 vines per hectare

Average yield per hectare: 9000 kg of grapes / about 5400 liters of must

Harvest period: end of August

Vinification: manual harvesting with selection of the bunches, soft crushing
in pneumatic press, 90% fermentation in temperature-controlled steel and the remaining 10% fermentation in barriques.

Aging: 7 months in steel and barriques

Foaming: in the spring following the harvest

Maturation on yeasts: at least 30 months

Post disgorgement aging: 3-4 months

No. of bottles produced: 25,000

Dosage at disgorgement: sugar content of 5 grams/liter
Analytical data at disgorgement: Alcohol 12.5%vol, Total acidity 6.5
grams/liter, Total sulfur dioxide less than 60 grams/liter (limit
legal maximum allowed 185 grams/liter)

Organoleptic characteristics: straw yellow with golden reflections,
soft mousse and very fine perlage, bouquet with fragrances of yeasts,
citrus, yellow-fleshed fruits and custard; on the palate it presents itself
with gentle freshness, great balance and good creaminess

Pairings: to be drunk throughout a meal; excellent with fish dishes,
white meats or vegetables

As We match

Risotto seasoned with Satèn

Franciacorta Satèn wine produced by the Ambrosini farm has been awarded the best Franciacorta Satèn title by the Italian Sommelier association. Its freshness and creamy texture make it an excellent meal wine.

To celebrate the most popular product of the Ambrosini company, whose production is exclusively done in Franciacorta, we suggest pairing it with the Risotto seasoned with Satèn Ambrosini, a specialty, in which the wine is the sole taste driving ingredient.

A name a face

Lorenzo Ambrosini

Lorenzo, first-born of Giovanna and Sergio Ambrosini, named after his grandfather, has the very same passion for wine making of his father. A diploma in agricolture, he represents the new generation and the younger face of the Ambrosini estate.

His cheerful and accommodating personalty and his role inside the family business are similar traits to the emblem of Franciacorta wine making tradition, Satèn wine. The wine has in fact a fresh and gentle taste, is very balanced and creamy. Some say that the name Satèn might derive from the assonance with the Italian word seta (silk): the typical bubbles that, bursting, form a thin thread, almost invisible, like the thread of the precious tissue. The same bond, strong but hard to see, between tradition and innovation, grandfather and grandson.